Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What to look forward too.

Over the next several posts I am going to be discussing a Holiday 8 by 8 album.

The overall album is about the Holidays of 2006. My in-laws were in need of extra family time, so we created it for them.

Getting started:
1. I went through all the pictures I took of the holiday season.
2. Determine the kind of theme of your book. I wanted to get this one done in a weekend (I was on-call for my job at that time) That meant it would be a minimalistic album. Mostly straight lines, and square/rectangle pictures.
3. I printed the pictures and determined the supplies I needed. -- Since this was a holiday book, I was going to use traditional holiday colors. Browns for Thanksgiving, Red and Green for Christmas, etc. I also decided I was going to use mostly plain cardstock.
4. Went to the store to get what I needed.

I have always found that having a plan when you are scrapbooking is the best thing for your budget.

Happy Scrapping ~

No comments: